Gangtok : The Tibetan Youth Club in Gangtok, Sikkim has offered Rs 1,13,000 symbolising the Dalai Lama’s affirmation to live for at least 113 years.
The amount was donated to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for the affected people of Tsong, Yuksam in West Sikkim. The amount was handed over to Kunga Nima Lepcha, state minister of education, sports and law department on Tuesday evening.
During the 34th Kalachakra initiations in 2017, the Dalai Lama had affirmed to live for at least 113 years and take rebirth to continue to serve humanity. “We have contributed the amount [Rs 1,13,000] generated from the Fund Raising Raffle event in collaboration with Tashi Delek Kyiduk and with the help of some donors,” said Kunga Choepel, publicity secretary of the club.
He further expressed his gratitude to all the good Samaritans who purchased raffle tickets, who in a way did a great humanitarian deed by directly or indirectly helping the needy people of Tsong, Yuksam.
- Bengal to soon conduct trials of COVID-19 booster shots
- Pakistan: Mob lynches Sri Lankan citizen over blasphemy
- WHO rushes team to S Africa to help combat new variant
- Meghalaya: 12 differently-abled beneficiaries receive assistive devices
- Nagaland: Rengma Nagas to go on hunger strike over demand for district
- Mizoram minister says MNF ‘anointed by God’ to face hard times