Gangtok: Following the end of the last date of filing nomination papers on Monday, electioneering is gradually gaining momentum for the by-elections to the three Assembly seats of Sikkim on October 21.
State chief minister PS Golay, who got relief from the Election Commission of India (ECI) recently, is one of the prominent candidates as he is contesting the election as Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) candidate for Poklok Kamrang constituency in South Sikkim.
Sonam Venchungpa, who had lost against DT Lepcha (SDF) with a thin margin in the general election, will again contest from Rumtek-Martam, but this time from BJP.
The opposition, Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF), has also fielded its candidates, namely debutant Moses Rai from Poklok Kamrang, senior politician and first woman minister Rinzing Ongmu from Gangtok and former SKM founding member and now SDF member Nuk Tshering Bhutia from Rumtek-Martam constituency.
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor