Gangtok: The Sikkim Cricket Association (SICA) has roped in Mumbai-based left-arm spinner, Iqbal Abdulla, as a professional guest player.
The 29-year-old Abdullah, who previously played for Mumbai and Kerala, has obtained a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Mumbai Cricket Association and has already confirmed his availability to the Sikkim association.
A member of India’s U-19 World Cup side, which won the title in 2008 under the captaincy of Virat Kohli, Abdulla comes with vast experience and has featured in 59 first-class and 78 list A matches.
The member of the U-19 World Cup winner joined the Sikkim cricket team for 2019-20 domestic season on Wednesday. “With over 12 years of experience, Abdullah will be an asset for team Sikkim and our local players will be benefited by sharing a dressing room and field with such an experienced player,” said SICA.
Abdullah has played for India A, India Green, Mumbai, Kerala, and IPL clubs Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore, winning the IPL trophy with KKR in 2012.
Abdullah along with veteran batsman Yashpal Singh and fast medium bowler Ishwar Chaudhary will comprise the list of guest players this year.
Sikkim, which will be playing in the plate division, will have its home base in Bhubaneswar.
- NE insurgents staying in Bangladesh but not operating from there: BSF
- Meghalaya Deputy CM hopeful of resolving differences with Assam
- People with A, B blood groups, Rh+ more susceptible to Covid: Study
- Covid long-haulers may experience abnormal breathing, chronic fatigue
- Arunachal brand ambassador Sanjay Dutt says won’t leave state anytime soon
- Manipur CM lays foundation stone for 50-bed hospital in Noney district