Gangtok: Sikkim Cricket Association (SiCA) has roped in Yashpal Singh, a seasoned Indian player in the domestic circuit, as one of its guest players for the upcoming season.
With an experience of over 18 years, Yashpal’s inclusion, believes SiCA, will uphold and boost the morale of the players and help in team-building.
The Delhi-born right-handed middle-order batsman has scored 9,085 runs in first-class cricket, 4,448 runs in List A matches and 1,239 runs in T20 matches, averaging 50-plus runs in both first-class cricket and List A cricket.
The former Services player was also bought by Kolkata Knight Riders for first few seasons of the IPL, and the Kochi Tuskers.
Also Read: Lepcha community resents MHA’s notification on Mt Kanchenjunga
“I would like to thank the Sikkim Cricket Association for having trust in my abilities and giving me an opportunity to play for Sikkim in the upcoming season. I am looking forward to the season and will give my best and prove myself an asset to the entire team,” SICA quoted Yashpal as saying.
Having retained Ishwar Choudhary from 2018-19 season, Sikkim now has two guest players and the services of the third and the final player is almost secured.
Iqbal Abdulla, who was a part of the Virat Kohli-led team that won the 2008 U-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, will complete the formalities later this week.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people