Gangtok: The organisers of Mr Sikkim 2019 Manhunt concluded their two-day auditions in Gangtok on August 18. With over 300 registrations, the much-anticipated event saw marathon auditions for winning the coveted title and various subtitles.
The event was a one of its kind in Sikkim which focused on modelling and grooming rather than body building.
Event head Yougan Tamang thanked all the contestants for putting up a spirited response for the second season of Mr Sikkim 2019 Manhunt. “This year has seen a bumper registration of over 300 boys registering for the competition. We hope to grow with each passing event,” he said.
Pragya Satpathy, event head, said that ‘Building entrepreneurship ecosystem’ will be the theme of this year’s event. Last year, the theme of the competition was ‘Let’s talk mental health’.
Among the winners and contestants of last year’s Mr Sikkim 2018 Manhunt, model Kunzang Topgay represented Sikkim in Thailand, while Akhilesh Pradhan, the first runner-up, is all set to debut with his first Nepali movie, Hajar Juni Samma, this year.
The judges’ panel for this year’s audition includes Miss India Supranational 2017 Peden Ongmu Namgyal, Miss NEFA Arunachal 2018 Dichenla Wangmo, director Anmol Gurung, fashion photographer Jongah Gurung, filmmaker Tribeny Rai and entrepreneur Naresh Subba.
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action