Gangtok: Traffic police are one of the most underappreciated forces; they stand through the day irrespective of sweltering heat and heavy rainstorm. And if they go missing from their spot even for five minutes, the roads become log jammed, and honking amplifies. To reward this dedicated force’s work, a group of cousins in Sikkim’s capital Gangtok distributed lunch packs, beverages and a memento to the city’s traffic police on Sunday.
The group of cousins belonging to a family based in Gangtok took it upon themselves to appreciate the city’s traffic police’s efforts. They contributed and made arrangements for packed lunch, a juice box and a memento to 25 traffic persons in Metro Point, Ranka Stand, Hospital Dara, High Court, Development Area, Zero point, Mintogang, Chandmari, Duki pan Dokan, Titanic Park, Hungry Jack, Lal bazar, Deorali, Namnang, Amdo Golai, Manipal Hospital, Daragaon, and Singtam.
One of the youngsters, Ravi Raj Pradhan, posted in social media, “The traffic police of Sikkim have been doing their duty with utmost dedication and honesty even in the Gangtok’s summer heat of 35 degrees, humidity of 40 % and even during heavy rainfall. Therefore, it was our small effort and appreciation towards our traffic police from the public point of view and we hope that they liked it.”
A similar initiative was undertaken by students of Livingstone Foundation International in Nagaland last month. The students gifted attractive hampers and snacks in handmade recycled paperbags to the unseen heroes — the traffic personnel in Dimapur.
- What to do if your kid is biting, hitting and kicking?
- Assam: GP Singh takes charge as DGP, pledges to make force citizen-centric
- Nagaland 2023: Two legislators resign from state Assembly session
- Arunachal: Wanted militant of NSCN (IM) arrested from Longding district
- Meghalaya 2023: Will ghost of CBI case haunt Ampareen’s candidacy?
- Nagaland govt and Patanjali Foods ink pact for Oil Palm Plantations