Gangtok: Sikkim’s ‘Marathon Man’ Amar Subba spearheaded a charity run in aid of Bandana Subba, a 21-year-old student from Nar Bahadur Bhandari Degree College, Gangtok, who is currently undergoing treatment for leukemia in AIIMS, New Delhi.
The charity run was flagged off from Singtam and was taken out till MG Marg in Gangtok on Sunday.
Subba was accompanied by 23 runners from all walks of life. The list included national footballers Sanju Pradhan, Bikash Jairu, Nim Tsh Lepcha and Lokendra Gurung; former Mr Sikkim Arun Gurung; and Mr Sikkim 2019 Bishal Chettri, among others. Even a seven-year-old child, Chuzong Lepcha, was part of the event.
At the event organised on MG Marg by Sikkim Limboo Youth Association in support of the Press Club of Sikkim, Subba thanked his fellow runners, students from various colleges and the police department, and everyone else, for donating money in aid of Bandana and supporting the cause.
“Since the start, everyone has been supporting the cause. Events like these deliver a good message to the society. Keep supporting such causes,” he said.
The chief guest of the event was social worker cum architect Kiran Rasaily and the special guest was GMC mayor Shakti Singh Chaudhary.
During the event, Marwari Yuva Manch (Prerna Branch) contributed Rs 11,000 and IPR staffers offered Rs 8,000.
The amount collected will be handed over to Bandana’s family.
- India thanks New York authorities for returning over 150 antiquities
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Assam govt failed victims of Baghjan oil well blowout: Congress
- ‘I control police’: Tripura CM mocks judiciary, rakes fresh controversy
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 1%
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders