Gangtok: Five tourists from West Bengal, including two women succumbed to injuries following a road mishap on Sunday. The group was returning from New Baba Mandir, a famous tourist spot in East Sikkim.
As per police daily report (DSR) – nine persons, including seven tourists, one driver and a local, were aboard a vehicle. Of which, four tourists died on the spot and one died on arrival to the hospital. The other two tourists along with the driver and local are undergoing treatment at New STNM Hospital, Sichey.
The vehicle fell off the road, about 400 metres down on reaching 7th Mile, JN road, while returning to Gangtok from their sight-seeing routine. However, due to bad weather, the vehicle could not be traced immediately. Later, with the help of local villagers and taxi drivers of JN Road and Home Guards, SDRF team retrieved the dead bodies and injured persons were sent to the hospital.
The deceased have been identified as Kakila Bose (42), Shenasish Bose (58), Soma Kar (32),Sandeep Kar (44), Subhajit Bose (26), all from Hoogly, West Bengal, police said.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary