Namchi: Sumitra Rai, wife of Late Sambhu Das Rai, who at 105 years has been said to be the oldest voter of Sikkim, cast her vote at the Government Secondary School, Kamrang polling station under the Poklok Kamrang assembly constituency in Sikkim on Thursday.
As a mark of respect to the woman and to celebrate the spirit of democracy, the oldest voter of the state was also felicitated by polling officers.
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 1%
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders
- Assam logs 196 new COVID-19 cases, 5 fresh fatalities
- India records 26,041 new COVID-19 cases
- Bharat Bandh: Rahul Gandhi voices support for farmers
- Arunachal Guv asks village headmen to encourage people for vaccination