Namchi: Sumitra Rai, wife of Late Sambhu Das Rai, who at 105 years has been said to be the oldest voter of Sikkim, cast her vote at the Government Secondary School, Kamrang polling station under the Poklok Kamrang assembly constituency in Sikkim on Thursday.
As a mark of respect to the woman and to celebrate the spirit of democracy, the oldest voter of the state was also felicitated by polling officers.
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days