Gangtok: Sikkim teen Evan Thapa is representing the state in the India U-15 football team. The team is already in Johannesburg, South Africa and participating in the Future Champions 2019 tournament.
Thapa is accompanied by Suren Chettri, head coach of Namchi Sports Hostel. Chettri is also the assistant coach of the India U-15 side at present.
Thapa was selected for India camp last year and is undergoing training in Bhubaneswar. He has already represented India in SAFF Cup 2018 and also travelled to Dubai for an exposure tour.
Before heading towards South Africa, Shuvendu Panda, head coach India U-15 boys’ team, stressed on the efforts of the coaching staff to polish the players’ strengths.
According to aoff.com, Panda said, “Our players bring in a lot of commitment to the table, and the job of me and my coaching staff has been to harness that commitment, along with their strengths towards a collective output. In terms of intent, there is a good show of aggression, composure, flair in the boys, which we have been able to hone while being in Bhubaneswar.”
India are up against some tough opponents in South Africa.
- Bharat Biotech awaits feedback from WHO for Covaxin EUL
- Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as 20th governor of Nagaland
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along