Guwahati: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday declared its list for the upcoming assembly elections in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh, featuring a total of 18 candidates from both the states.
In the second list for Arunachal Pradesh, the BJP announced six more candidates, taking the total to 60, for the 60-seat state assembly. Meanwhile, it was the first list for Sikkim, which saw the names of 12 candidates.
The Central Election Committee (CEC) of BJP announced the list after a high-power meeting with PM Narendra Modi, party chief Amit Shah, finance minister Arun Jaitley and all other members of the committee.
BJP Arunachal recently faced a major blow as 18 leaders; including two senior BJP ministers quit the party to join National People’s Party (NPP) earlier in March.
The 60-seat Arunachal Pradesh assembly and 32-seat Sikkim assembly will be facing assembly polls simultaneously along with the Lok Sabha elections on April 11.
- Japan’s military, among world’s strongest, looks to build
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14
- Hornbill Festival stopped for a day as Nagaland mourns civilian killings
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: President, PM pay tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar
- MNF MLA among 92 new COVID-19 patients in Mizoram, 2 more deaths