Gangtok: The Sikkim taekwondo poomsae girls’ team comprising of Sophia Subba, Sneha Pradhan and Adwayti Subba bagged the gold medal in the recently concluded 4th National Taekwondo Cadet Championship 2019.
The all-girls’ team beats Assam, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra to became the national champions.
Held between February 6 and 8, the championship was organised by the Taekwondo Federation of India at Tamil Nadu’s Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Chennai.
The cadet division consisted of both male and female participants between the age group of 12 and 14 years.
The new national champion team led by Pradeep Mukhia, and assisted by Amit Thapa and Prayas Chettri, will now be representing India in the forthcoming Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship to be held in Vietnam in August.
Expressing contentment on the big win, Trilok Subba, chief coach of Sikkim Amateur Taekwondo Association (SATA), who was also the referee chairman, said, “Our girls have been selected for the National taekwondo team to represent India in the Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship, so we have to work hard for that championship.”
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity