Gangtok: The picturesque state of Sikkim is all set to host the 1st Northeast Youth Festival in the village of Dentam in West Sikkim from January 21 to 23.
More than 15,000 people from across the state will arrive in the state to attend the three-day youth festival.
As per local MLA and minister NK Subba, who is the chief patron of the festival, the govt is hosting such a festival for the first time in the state, where youths from across the Northeast will take part in several cultural programmes and sporting activities.
The organising committee is in the final stages of preparation for the grand festival. Dentam Stadium will be the venue for the event.
- First theatrical release in 8 months gives life to Assam’s puppetry culture
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle