Gangtok: The Sikkim police have arrested one Biraj Tamang on the suspicion of killing a 65-year-old woman at Jorethang in South Sikkim. The victim was found lying in a pool of blood at her house in Majigaon, Jorethang on Wednesday morning.
While speaking to media persons, a police official said, “The complaint was lodged by a local resident after the incident was brought to light by the accused. The body was found lying in a pool of blood in a suspicious manner with the woman’s face covered with blood and a towel tied around her neck.”
The accused was taken into custody based on contradictory statements given by him. The police have registered a case under Section 302 (IPC).
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence
- A friendly pitch: How cricket found a home in Mizoram
- Manipur: Over 3,300 candidates appear for UPSC prelims in Imphal
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda to visit India from May 31 to June 3
- PM hopes new Parl building will serve as cradle of empowerment