Gangtok: The Sikkim police have arrested one Biraj Tamang on the suspicion of killing a 65-year-old woman at Jorethang in South Sikkim. The victim was found lying in a pool of blood at her house in Majigaon, Jorethang on Wednesday morning.
While speaking to media persons, a police official said, “The complaint was lodged by a local resident after the incident was brought to light by the accused. The body was found lying in a pool of blood in a suspicious manner with the woman’s face covered with blood and a towel tied around her neck.”
The accused was taken into custody based on contradictory statements given by him. The police have registered a case under Section 302 (IPC).
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders
- Assam logs 196 new COVID-19 cases, 5 fresh fatalities
- India records 26,041 new COVID-19 cases
- Bharat Bandh: Rahul Gandhi voices support for farmers
- Arunachal Guv asks village headmen to encourage people for vaccination
- Assam considering local procurement of food grains under schemes