Namchi: In a first-of-its-kind initiative organised in Sikkim to raise funds for the victims of flood-hit Nagaland, artistes from various disciplines came together at Central Park in Namchi on Sunday. The campaign, ‘Sikkim for Nagaland’, was organised by the Gandhar Music Academy in association with the Organisation of Musicians and Artists of Sikkim (OMAS).
The programme on Sunday saw over 50 artistes presenting various songs, dances, acts and displays of art works, among others. These performers came all the way from various parts of the state, besides neighbouring Kalimpong and Siliguri.
As per a member of OMAS, apart from raising funds for the flood-affected people in Nagaland, the initiative also provided a platform for artistes from various fields to showcase their talents, some of whom have not got the recognition they so deserve. The entire programme on Sunday was anchored by RJ Prabal Rai.
The team recently conducted a similar campaign in Gangtok for victims of Kerala floods.
- India, China to contribute half of global economic growth in 2023: top Chinese think tank
- China aims to replace US as global net security provider, says Army chief
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR