Earlier last month at its Stream On event, audio streaming and media services provider platform Spotify had announced that it would make its audio streaming subscription service available in 36 new languages. Now, it has launched 12 Indian languages on the Spotify mobile app.
Spotify’s mobile experience will be available in a total of 62 languages, the company had announced. These include Hindi, Gujarati, Bhojpuri, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Bengali. The expansion will help the platform create a more localised experience for its users and give more listeners access to Spotify in their native tongue.
Spotify last month completed two years in India. The platform moving forward will also focus on more localised experiences along with global expansion.
Amarjit Singh Batra, Managing Director – India, Spotify had said, “Over two years, we’ve gained insights on how our listeners here consume music and podcasts and tapped into these learnings to establish a deep relationship with listeners, creators, and brands. Through 2020, we dove deeper into local languages and regions with our communication, content, and curation. As a result, Spotify was streamed in over 3000 cities in India.”
In addition to the 12 new Indian languages, Spotify’s mobile app will also now support languages such as Romanian, Swahili, Slovenian, Filipino, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese for Portugal, among others.
- 41 pc more rainfall in India from Oct 1-21, Uttarakhand records five times higher rain: IMD
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM