Bhubaneswar: Odisha’s Health and Family Welfare Minister Naba Kishore Das died of bullet injuries on Sunday, Apollo Hospital officials said.
Earlier in the day, Das was shot and grievously injured when he got out of his car, allegedly by a police officer who was captured.
“The injuries were repaired, and steps were taken to improve the pumping of the heart. He was given urgent ICU care. But, despite best of efforts, he could not be revived and succumbed to his injuries,” a statement issued by the hospital said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Also Read | Space sector associations from Indo-Pacific join hands to explore new opportunities
- Govt taking effort to lower volume limit for vehicle horns: Meghalaya Dy CM
- Manipur: Fake liquor manufacturing unit busted in Thoubal
- Nagaland to allow sale of liquor to foreign delegates during G20 meet
- US-born Mongolian boy named 3rd highest Buddhist leader by Dalai Lama
- Galactic parade: 5 planets to line up on March 28, India to get stunning view
- No new industrial policy for Northeast yet