Tesla fans in India have long awaited for these cars to launch in India but Elon Musk says there are a lot of challenges on the way.
Although the tech genius has been wanting to sell Tesla cars in India since as early as 2019, he is not closer to being able to do so even three years later.
When a Twitter user asked Musk when Tesla plans to launch its electric vehicles in India, here’s how the Tesla and SpaceX boss responded.
“Yo @elonmusk any further update as to when Tesla’s will launch in India? They’re pretty awesome and deserve to be in every corner of the world!” wrote Pranay Pathole, a Twitter user.
Elon Musk responded to this saying, “Still working through a lot of challenges with the government.”
Elon Musk and the Modi administration in India have been in talks regarding the launch of Tesla in India but there have been disagreements between the two parties over a local factory and the country’s import duties as much as 100 per cent.
The government reportedly asked the electric vehicle maker to ramp up local procurement and share detailed manufacturing plans while Musk demanded that the taxes be relaxed to suit the budget-conscious market.
Also read: Tesla delivers 9.3 lakh vehicles in 2021
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President
- India, US keen to conclude USD 3 billion MQ-9B predator drone deal
- PM undertook 21 trips abroad since 2019, over Rs 22.76 cr spent: Govt