Chandigarh: The body of an unidentified man with one of his hands chopped off was found near the farmers’ protest site at Kundli in Haryana’s Sonipat district on Friday, police said. The deceased was aged around 35 years and the body was found tied to a metal barricade near the protest site, close to the Singhu border, they added.
Also read: Army jawan arrested for passing secret information to Pakistan
“The Kundli police station received information at 5 am that a body was found near the farmers’ protest site,” a Sonipat police official said.
He said the deceased was found wearing only a pair of shorts near the Singhu border.
“We have registered a case and further investigations are on to find out the culprits,” Inspector General of Police, Rohtak Range, Sandeep Khirwar told PTI over the phone.
He said police have interrogated people near the protest site regarding the incident.
A case of murder has been registered against unidentified persons, the officer said.
Asked about a video clip circulating on the social media, in which some people accused the deceased of committing sacrilege, he said the matter is being investigated.
The body has been sent to the Sonipat civil hospital for post-mortem.
- Former Sikkim MLA Prem Lal Subba no more
- Arunachal Christian Forum criticizes ban on public healing programs
- Assam: Tea garden management urged to effectively execute water scheme
- 4.27 lakh undertrial prisoners in country as on Dec 31, 2021: Govt
- Naxal violence down by 77 per cent: Govt tells LS
- Itanagar youths clean up Yagamso River on World Forest Day