Guwahati: Advertisements circulating on social media and certain section of the press since the past week claiming that the North Eastern Council (NEC) will be sponsoring candidates for placement in Japan is fake.
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) fact-check debunked the ads which called for sponsoring 500 candidates for Japan placement for nursing and caregivers and 200 vacancies for skill loan in the hotel industry.
A spokesperson of North Eastern Council Secretariat, Shillong (NEC) requested interested and eligible candidates to carefully check authentication for any job placement advertisement appearing in social media and certain section of the print media to avoid confusion and complication.
The officials said that NEC never sponsor such recruitment drives nor provides skill loan.
- BharatGPT seeks to counter challenges in generative AI
- Lights, Camera, Action: Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival returns with a bang
- ‘Guess the Pervert’ challenges perceptions, unveils societal hypocrisy
- Assam to impart primary education through medium of tribal languages
- Tripura: Referral lab reports 5 to 15 HIV-positive cases everyday
- Meghalaya: Central team reviews Jal Shakti Abhiyan projects in Garo Hills