Guwahati: Northeast India is expected to witness scattered to widespread light or moderate rainfall activity, accompanied by thunderstorms, lightning, and gusty winds from March 17-21.
According to the 5-day nationwide weather forecast, isolated hailstorms are also likely to pelt Gangetic West Bengal on March 17 and 21. West Assam and Tripura are in for hailstorm activity on March 21.
Also, fairly widespread rains and thunderstorms are on the cards over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, and Sikkim on March 18.
The weather system in the region will be influenced by a Western Disturbance over Afghanistan, an induced cyclonic circulation over southwest Rajasthan, and two troughs extending from Bangladesh to North Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to North Konkan.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The collective influence of these systems will lead to scattered to fairly widespread light to moderate rainfall with thunderstorms, lightning, and gusty winds.
The maximum temperatures in the region are forecast to stay below normal, while overnight minimums will be higher than usual.
The residents of Northeast India are advised to stay alert and take necessary precautions during the expected rainfall and hailstorm activity.
Also Read | Tipra Motha forms panel to assess poll performance
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees