Guwahati: At least 10,000 methamphetamine tablets worth more than Rs 3.3 crore were recovered by a team comprising the Aizawl Battalion of 23 Sector Assam Rifles and the Excise and Narcotics Department.
According to an official statement, the contraband was seized from the general area of Chaltlang, Aizawl.
Based on the information received, a Mobile Vehicle Check Post (MVCP) was set up at Chaltlang, during which the movement of a suspected vehicle was noticed. The vehicle was stopped and a spot check was carried out.
The consignment was seized and four persons have been taken into custody.
- BJP demands Meghalaya home min’s resignation over Mukroh firing
- Assam: Kuki Worship Service celebrates silver jubilee
- Nagaland cabinet appeals Eastern Naga body to allow participation at Hornbill
- Meghalaya elections 2023: BJP to contest from all 60 assembly seats
- Tripura Film Institute will find global audience for state’s tribal culture: CM Saha
- Now, churches in Mizoram appeal govt to help areca nut farmers