Shillong: The three newly-elected MLAs from Rajabala, Mawphlang and Mawryngkneng constituency were inducted into the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly on Friday.
The three new members are Mawryngkneng MLA Pyniaid Syiem (NPP), Mawphlang MLA Eugeneson Lyngdoh (UDP) and Rajabala MLA Abdus Saleh (NPP).
A majority of NPP MLAs were present at the ceremony along with UDP political leaders. Chairs of the Opposition Congress party remained unoccupied apart from Congress MLA HM Shangpliang attending the ceremony. Family and friends of the new MLAs were also present to witness the ceremony.
Speaking with the media, MLA Pyniaid Syiem said he will serve the constituency and the state as a whole. He also mentioned how one and half years would be a challenge to complete the work but will still try to give it his best.
Similarly, UDP’s Eugeneson assured that he will fulfill the aspirations and dreams of his late father (SK Sunn).
Rajabala MLA Abdus Saleh said the NPP has done so much for the state, that is why they have been elected. “I have seen a huge support for the NPP and in Rajabala Constituency, the NPP never won but this time the people have seen the development done by this government, so they voted for us,” said Saleh.
- India needs to be more open-minded about open jails, says researcher
- Walking backwards has a surprising number of health benefits
- IMF says it fully supports India’s G20 agenda
- US dubs Pak, China, Myanmar, 9 others as ‘countries of particular concern’
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games today, December 4
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills