Aizawl: Mizoram will get additional flight service on the Kolkata-Guwahati–Aizawl-Shillong sector apart from two existing airlines currently operating from the state, an official said on Thursday.
State principal consultant for civil aviation Wing Commander J. Lalhmingliana said that Alliance Air would operate ATR 72 four days a week from October 18.
The Mumbai-based regional airline will operate on the Kolkata-Guwahati–Aizawl-Shillong route on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, he said.
He said that ticket bookings will be opened from October 11.
According to Lalhmingliana, two airlines, Air India and IndiGo, are currently operating from the state.
While Air India is operating Airbus 319 on the Kolkata-Guwahati-Aizawl-Imphal sector four days a week, IndiGO operates Airbus 320 on the Delhi-Aizawl and Bangalore-Guwahati-Aizawl sectors six days a week, he said.
He added that the state may also get additional air service on the Aizawl-Agartala route from November.
Also read | Assam: Dibrugarh gets new flight to Imphal
- Arunachal village thanks Assam Rifles for rescuing village head
- Gujarat CID to launch probe after death of 4 on Canada-US border
- BSF Guwahati div caught 141 Indian, 117 Bangladeshi smugglers in 2021
- Arunachal Cong questions BJP’s silence over youth’s ‘abduction’ by Chinese army
- Students, groups question modus operandi of cop encounters post Nagaon ‘attack’
- Nagaland reports 69 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fresh fatalities