GUWAHATI: Cadet Under Officer Nepo Moirangthem of 50 Assam Air Squadron NCC, cleared the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and is ready to join the Indian Air Force as a Flying Officer.
The cadet has cleared the tough medical exams conducted for all candidates who have cleared the written as well as the SSB (Service Selection Board ) and aspire to join the forces. The cadet was able to clear the exam easily without any formal coaching. He was only guided, supported and encouraged by his Commanding Officer Group Captain Robin Vishoyi.
His seniors have termed the cadet as “an excellent aeromodeller” of the unit who has represented the unit, Guwahati Group Headquarters and the North Eastern Region Directorate in aeromodelling at the All India Vayu Sainik Camp.
The cadet is an all-rounder and “an asset to the unit”. He has participated and carried out remote control aeromodelling at the air festival organised by Eastern Air Command, at Shillong ALG (Advance Landing Ground).
All the cadets of the unit are delighted with the news.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption