Agartala: Union Minister of State (MoS) Ashwini Kumar Choubey on Friday arrived at Agartala on a two-day visit to review different forest and consumer affairs departmental projects.
MoS Choubey, who is holding the charge of environment, forest and climate change, and consumer affairs and public distribution, held two separate review meetings with officials of the forest and consumer affairs department at the state guest house and took stock implementation of govt projects.
He also attended local programmes in the afternoon followed by a meeting with Tripura Governor Satyadev Narayan Arya on a courtesy where he planted a sapling to celebrate the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Later in the evening, he is scheduled to meet Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb at his official residence.
On Saturday, the MoS is scheduled to visit Tripura Sundari Temple along with his spouse Neeta Choubey and other officials.
He will also visit Sepahijala NCL and Sepahijala Wildlife sanctuary to oversee the departmental work before leaving for New Delhi on an afternoon flight.
Over the past two weeks, five union ministers, including two cabinet ministers– Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Rural Development Minister Giriraj Singh, have visited the state to review the projects and hold organisational meetings.
Tripura will go to vote in March 2023 and the visit of the union ministers and senior BJP leaders is seen as an attempt to strengthen the state organisation and extend support to the BJP-led government in Tripura.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games today, December 4
- Meghalaya: World Disabled Day observed in South Garo Hills
- Leftist agenda on JNU campus won’t succeed anymore: VHP
- BJP-IPFT has given corruption free governance in Tripura: Manik Saha
- Special help desk for persons with disabilities at Guwahati airport
- With Meghalaya speaker joining NPP, will TMC take Phulbari’s sitting MLA?