Guwahati: As the National Volleyball Championship returns to Assam after more than three decades, the Assam Volleyball Association is optimistic that the state teams (men and women) will make it a memorable outing in their own backyard.
Organised under the aegis of the Volleyball Federation of India, the 71st National Volleyball Championship will run from February 2 to 9, with 58 teams (31 men and 27 women) battling it out for the respective titles.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The tournament will witness fierce competition with several teams boasting Arjuna awardee players in their squads.
Also Read | Eyeing KIYG gold, Arunachal lifter Markio Tario sets priorities right
- Family of deceased BSF lady constable appeal to Assam CM for justice
- Assam: Rhino carcass found at Kaziranga National Park
- Dikchu landslide: Sikkim mulls mass evacuation from sinking area
- Active Covid cases above 10,000 after 134 days
- Govt taking effort to lower volume limit for vehicle horns: Meghalaya Dy CM
- Manipur: Fake liquor manufacturing unit busted in Thoubal