Muzaffarnagar: A court here sentenced a man to six months in jail for selling adulterated milk, more than 32 years after the complaint in the matter was registered.
Additional chief judicial magistrate Prashant Kumar on Thursday also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on accused milk vendor Harbir Singh after holding him guilty in the case.
Prosecution officer Ramavtar Singh said on Friday that Harbir Singh was found selling adulterated milk. A sample of the milk sold by him was collected and sent to the laboratory where it was found to be adulterated, the prosecution officer said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Food inspector Suresh Chand filed a complaint against the milk vendor in the court on April 21, 1990, Ramavtar Singh said.
- How to reduce toxic pollutants that build up inside our homes
- Sunak extends military training support as Ukraine President makes UK visit
- Sri Lankan Prez says he will continue with his unpopular decisions
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC