Kolkata: The 46th edition of Kolkata International Book Fair will be held from January 30 to February 12, 2023, and Spain will be the focal theme country, organisers said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will inaugurate the book fair on January 30 at the Central Park in Salt Lake, Publishers and Booksellers Guild, organisers of the book fair, announced at a news conference here on Wednesday.
The book fair logo was unveiled during the event. Ambassador of Spain in India, Jos Maraa Ridao Dom nguez, Publishers and Booksellers Guild general secretary Tridib Chatterjee and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
This will be for the second time that Spain will be focal theme country in the Kolkata International Book Fair. It was earlier the focal theme country in the 2006 book fair, said Chatterjee.
The book fair will also have the presence of the UK, US, Japan, Vietnam, France, Thailand, Australia, Argentina, Guatemala, Mexico, Cuba, Peru, other Latin American countries and Bangladesh.
The organisers said 2.2 million people visited the fair in 2022 and books worth Rs 23 crore was sold at the fair.
- GJM leaves Gorkhaland Territorial Admin, claims promises not kept
- Teak worth Rs 1 cr from Guwahati seized in NJP, two arrested
- IAF’s Sukhoi, Mirage aircraft crash in MP’s Morena; one pilot killed
- Assam: Police seize Yaba tablets worth Rs 1 crore in Karimganj, launch probe
- Inclusion of villages in Bodoland divides people, non-Bodos protest
- Recycled and uninspiring: Why ‘Pathaan’ is a yawn fest