Tura: A Sector Commander-level meeting between the Border Security Force (BSF) and the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) was on Tuesday, November 1, held at BOP Kilapara at Dalu in West Garo Hills.
The BSF delegation was led by Harmeet Singh, DIG, Sector HQ BSF, Tura while Md. Mahmudur Rahman, Deputy Director General, Sector Commander BGB, Mymensingh, Bangladesh led the BGB delegates.
During the meeting, the commanders of both the border guarding forces discussed on various border-related issues like trans-border crimes, illegal sand mining, illegal cattle grazing, etc. The commanders of both countries agreed to maintain cordial and good relations to ensure peace and tranquillity on both sides of the border.
Earlier, prior to the meeting, the two officials also laid wreaths at the War Memorial erected at Kilapara in memory of the soldiers who died decades ago during the Indo-Pak war.
- BJP uses TMC’s ‘Khela hobe’ slogan against Mamata Banerjee’s party
- India is a part of me: Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai
- What COVID has taught us about sharing our emotions – and why now’s a good time to share again
- Clear encroached land of Assam Vaishnavite monasteries, panel urges govt
- Bengal: 2 killed, many injured in blast near venue of TMC’s Abhishek Banerjee’s rally
- Sylhet-Silchar Festival: Looking for more cooperation with India, says B’desh FM