Churachandpur: Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday graced the state-level Kut 2022 celebration at Peace Ground, Tuibong, in Churachandpur district.
The post-harvest festival was also attended by ministers, MLAs and other dignitaries.
“Delighted to have attended the State Level Kut 2022 festival in the presence of Hon’ble Ministers, Hon’ble MLAs and other esteemed dignitaries at Peace Ground, Tuibong, Churachandpur Headquarters,” CM Biren posted on Facebook.
He further said that “Let the auspicious occasion of Chavang Kut magnify our capabilities to share more, fill our hearts with gratitude and inspire the people to move forward in unison towards a harmonious co-existence.”
Chavang Kut, popularly known as Kut festival, is one of the most celebrated festivals in Manipur. The festival is widely celebrated by Chin-Kuki-Mizo communities as a thanksgiving festival for a good harvest.
During the festival, young and old alike were involved in traditional dances, songs and indigenous games, which is a good way to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the communities.
The festival was also richly observed in various parts of the state, including Moreh and Chandel. This is the festival where people from different communities cutting across boundaries come together and foster friendship among others.
- Don’t reveal identities of sex workers in media reports: Press Council
- Nagaland: VP Jagdeep Dhankhar to inaugurate 10-day Hornbill Festival
- Held talks with Manipur CM for direct Itanagar-Imphal flights: Arunachal CM
- 60th statehood day: Nagaland CM hopes for early solution to Naga issue
- Newly discovered species of owl could already be in danger
- Nagaland: Naga morung in Kohima village brings ‘a taste of tradition’