Imphal: Security forces arrested an active cadre of proscribed group Kuki National Liberation Front (KNLF) from Jiri parking in Imphal West district on Wednesday, according to an official.
As per the report, based on credible intelligence inputs provided by the Keithelmanbi Battalion under the aegis of IGAR (South), Manipur Police launched an operation and arrested the Kuki militant.
The arrested insurgent was actively involved in extortion activities on behalf of the proscribed group in valley areas, it said.
The arrested insurgent has been handed over to the Imphal Police Station for further investigation, it added.
- Centre issues guidelines for MSOs to run platform services
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students
- Mukroh Firing: Meghalaya BJP prez meets Assam officer attacked in Shillong