Guwahati: Two Assam government employees were arrested for allegedly taking bribes in Cachar and Kamrup districts on Wednesday, police said.
In Cachar’s Lakhipur area, forest range officer Debabrata Gogoi was caught red-handed while taking a bribe but on seeing the personnel of the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption, he ran away from his chamber along with the bribe money.
“The police team gave a hot chase for one kilometre from the range office that ended in the arrest of Forest ranger Debabrata Gogoi. The corrupt cannot run away and our fight against corruption continues,” Special Director General of Police (Law and Order) GP Singh said.
In another incident, another team of the Directorate ”trapped and arrested red-handed Madan Nath, Lat Mondal of Nagarbera Revenue circle in Kamrup district while accepting bribe money”, Singh tweeted.
”Our relentless campaign against corruption amongst government officers, second action today,” he added.
Also Read | Assam to reward good performance by govt staff
- Stage set for inauguration of new Parliament building by PM on Sunday
- Insurance Industry comes together for life insurance awareness in Mizoram
- How the practice of Nichiren Buddhism sustained Tina Turner for 50 years
- Nepal starts exporting electricity to India
- Naga Students’ Federation to rebuild building vandalised by miscreants
- Separate admin right solution to end violence in Manipur: Cong leader