New Delhi: India has created history again, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday as the cumulative COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country surpassed the 200-crore mark.
Modi said Indians have shown remarkable faith in science, with the country’s doctors, nurses, frontline workers, scientists, innovators and entrepreneurs playing a key role in ensuring a safer planet.
“I appreciate their spirit and determination,” he tweeted.
According to the health ministry data, 98 per cent of the adult population has received at least one dose while 90 per cent have been fully vaccinated.
Modi said, “India creates history again! Congrats to all Indians on crossing the special figure of 200 crore vaccine doses. Proud of those who contributed to making India’s vaccination drive unparalleled in scale and speed. This has strengthened the global fight against COVID-19
- NFR issues notice on cancellation of joy ride trains in Darjeeling
- Nagaland: Drugs worth approx Rs 25 cr seized in three months
- Nagaland: 19 students leave for national tour; to meet President Murmu
- Mizoram’s Reiek village awarded India’s best tourism village
- Online Casino Industry: A New Era of Entertainment in India
- Mizoram: African Swine Fever kills 600 pigs in just one village