Itanagar: Dharmendra, a 1989-batch IAS officer of the AGMUT cadre, took charge as the new chief secretary of Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday.
Dharmendra succeeds Naresh Kumar, who was recently transferred to the national capital and appointed as the chief secretary of Delhi.
He was serving as the chairperson of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) prior to his posting to the northeastern state.
Soon after joining office, he convened a meeting with senior officers and took stock of important projects and issues pertaining to the state.
Dharmendra was accorded a warm welcome by a team of senior officers led by finance and planning principal secretary Sharat Chauhan.
- Manipur: Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda marries Lin Laishram in Imphal
- Women’s rights in the balance as India weighs criminalising marital rape
- Nagaland: Water supply halted in Kohima after one found dead in reservoir
- Northeast Petroleum Union calls off strike after govt discussion
- Violence or poverty? The stark choice for many women
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 29