Dibrugarh (Assam): A policeman allegedly died by suicide in Assam’s Jorhat district on Sunday, an official said.
The sub-inspector, who was posted at the Selenghat police station, was found dead by his colleagues at his official quarters, he said.
“It appears he shot himself with his service revolver. We have started an investigation to find the cause leading to the death,” the official said.
He had joined the police station a few days ago, the official added.
- ONGC chopper makes emergency landing in high-sea; 4 rescued
- Billionaire Pallonji Mistry dies at 93; PM pays tribute
- Railways to transport relief materials free of cost to flood affected areas of NE
- Guwahati: Here’s how the rebel Shiv Sena MLAs are whiling time at hotel
- Bengal student takes Facebook job, rejects Amazon, Google. His salary?
- Modi says geopolitical tension not limited to Europe; rising prices affecting all