Alipurduar (WB): A man was arrested and four country-made firearms were seized from his possession in West Bengal’s Alipurduar district on Monday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police nabbed the accused from an autorickshaw near Alipurduar town and seized the firearms from his possession, a police officer said.
As per the preliminary investigation, the accused, a resident of Samuktala in the district, had brought the guns from Bihar for sale across North Bengal, he said, adding further investigation is underway.
- CUET-UG to be held from Aug 24-28
- Tendong Lho Rum Faat: Date, history and celebrations
- Assam police officer arrested for accepting bribe
- Arrested Meghalaya BJP leader not cooperating with sex racket probe: Police
- Boxers Nikhat Zareen, Amit Panghal, and Nitu grab CWG gold medals
- Security beefed up at Kolkata’s Indian Museum after shooting