New Delhi: The government has asked the Finance Ministry to take action against former NCB officer Sameer Wankhede for his alleged “shoddy work” while probing a ‘drugs-on-cruise’ case in which film star Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan was arrested last year, official sources said.
Appropriate action is also being initiated against Wankhede for allegedly providing a fake caste certificate, they added.
Aryan Khan was given a clean chit by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the October 2021 ‘drugs-on-cruise’ case on Friday.
Wankhede is an Indian Revenue Service officer and the finance ministry is the nodal authority to take the action against him.
The government has asked the competent authority to take appropriate action against Wankhede for his alleged shoddy investigation in the ‘drugs-on-cruise’ case, sources said.
- ISRO faces setback as maiden SSLV mission suffers ‘data loss’
- CUET-UG to be held from Aug 24-28
- Tendong Lho Rum Faat: Date, history and celebrations
- Assam police officer arrested for accepting bribe
- Arrested Meghalaya BJP leader not cooperating with sex racket probe: Police
- Boxers Nikhat Zareen, Amit Panghal, and Nitu grab CWG gold medals