New Delhi: The government has asked the Finance Ministry to take action against former NCB officer Sameer Wankhede for his alleged “shoddy work” while probing a ‘drugs-on-cruise’ case in which film star Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan was arrested last year, official sources said.
Appropriate action is also being initiated against Wankhede for allegedly providing a fake caste certificate, they added.
Aryan Khan was given a clean chit by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the October 2021 ‘drugs-on-cruise’ case on Friday.
Wankhede is an Indian Revenue Service officer and the finance ministry is the nodal authority to take the action against him.
The government has asked the competent authority to take appropriate action against Wankhede for his alleged shoddy investigation in the ‘drugs-on-cruise’ case, sources said.
- GPS-based toll system in six months to replace toll plazas
- Domestication syndrome: Why animals living with humans evolve such similar features
- UN delegate describes India’s ‘Namami Gange’ mission as ‘beacon of hope’
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM