Imphal: Manipur Minister for Water Resources and Relief & Disaster Management Awangbow Newmai on Thursday inspected banks of various rivers in and around Imphal areas namely Imphal river, Nambul River and Iril river to check and repair the river banks to prevent flooding.
During the visit, the minister deliberated on repair work to be taken up by the Water Resource Department and sought cooperation from the people to tackle flood and irrigation problems in Manipur.
The minister was accompanied by MAHUD and rural development and Panchayati Raj, local MLA of Singjamei AC, Yumnam Khemchand, Langthabal AC MLA Karam Shyam, additional chief engineer (Flood) Y Homendro Singh and other officials of the department.
Major rivers in Imphal valley were flowing above the danger mark earlier following the incessant rainfall in the state.
Moreover, many low-lying areas in the valley areas are either submerged or facing waterlogging issue while there are reports of landslide in the hills, causing huge inconvenience to normal life.
- Assam reports 214 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death
- CBI arrests TMC’s Anubrata Mondal in cattle smuggling case
- Nagaland reports 9 new COVID-19 cases
- Jagdeep Dhankhar sworn in as 14th Vice-President of India
- Indian researchers awarded at global astronomy meet in South Korea
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for August 11