Imphal: Manipur government has decided to implement the use of biometric attendance system (BIS) in all government offices and make it mandatory with effect from June 1. This is to ensure punctuality, accountability and transparency while performing their duties.
The announcement comes after the state government made a five-day working week (Monday to Friday) for all government offices, agencies, bodies, public sector undertakings, under the state government with effect from April 1, 2022.
Suitable adjustments will be made in the system for officials, staff working on roster system, on special duty and such other duties requiring such adjustments, said deputy secretary (AR) Roji Rajkumari in a statement.
The decision to continue with the practice of BIS in all government offices was taken during the cabinet meeting held on April 21, it said.
It maybe noted that use of biometric attendance system was suspended in 2020 after the pandemic outbreak as a precautionary measures.
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed
- How the music of an ancient rock painting was brought to life
- Your body’s internal clock dictates when you eat, sleep, might have a heart attack
- Nagaland: Truck from Manipur kills 5, injures 3 in hit-and-run case
- Tripura: Major blow to IPFT; breakaway faction joins TIPRA
- Manipur landslide: Mortal remains of Army personnel flown to Siliguri