New Delhi: Former finance secretary Rajiv Kumar on Sunday took charge as the 25th chief election commissioner (CEC).
He was part of the poll panel as an election commissioner since September 1, 2020 and was appointed the CEC on Thursday.
He succeeds Sushil Chandra, who demitted office on Saturday evening.
The immediate task before the new CEC will be to conduct the President and the Vice President elections due shortly. The 2024 Lok Sabha polls and several assembly elections will be held under his watch.
- Karan Johar donates Rs 11 lakh to Assam Chief Minister Relief Fund
- Viruses can change your scent to make you more attractive to mosquitoes: Study
- Mizoram CM inducts journalist into party, says MNF in recruitment drive
- Rejuvenate Arunachal springs to solve drinking water problem: Expert
- Over 100 students from Sikkim Manipal infected by Nairobi Fly
- Mizoram: Aizawl to soon get two motorable flyovers