Tripura BJP President Manik Saha will replace CM Biplab Kumar Deb as the state’s new Chief Minister.
The decision was taken hours after Biplab Deb, who was the state CM for four years, tendered his resignation.
Saha, a dental surgeon-turned-politician who quit the Congress and joined the BJP in 2016, was made the party’s state president in 2020. He had replaced Biplab Kumar Deb who had led the saffron party to a phenomenal victory in the 2018 Assembly elections. Earlier this year, Manik Saha was elected to Rajya Sabha in the lone seat of the saffron party-ruled northeastern state.
Earlier this year, Saha announced an 18-member committee of office-bearers and others as well as seven spokespersons.
Interestingly, Saha kept his post despite demands from within the party to remove him.
- Mumbai NCB seizes 8,640 bottles of banned cough syrup from Thane; 2 held
- Locals loot oil after tanker overturns on Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway
- Most-wanted gangster of Bihar arrested in Delhi: Police
- Professor arrested for emails criticizing Assam Govt, CM
- Pall of gloom over Kolkata’s Lake Club over death of 2 promising rowers
- Consent sought for Phase-3 trial of Covovax as booster dose for 2-18 yrs