Imphal: The National Revolutionary Front, Manipur (NRFM), a proscribed outfit, has claimed responsibility for the blasts that occurred at Nagamapal and Khurai in Imphal on May 5 and 6, respectively, as per reports.
According to reports, the NRFM has claimed that they were involved in the blasts at PG Paints Center at Nagamapal Lamaban Leikai in Imphal West and the residence of RK Birendra, an executive engineer of agriculture department, at Khurai Thoidingjam Leikai in Imphal East.
Besides damage to property and a few vehicles, no human casualty were reported from these recent blasts in Imphal.
The NRFM, as per reports, has said EE RK Birendra’s boastful remark and activities portrayed the outfit in poor light and demeaned the cause of the outfit.
The outfit further asked all concerned, including the engineer and his associates, particularly former agriculture minister O Lukhoi, to clarify their stand at the earliest, it said.
In case of failure to issue a clarification, the outfit has warned to expose their “misdeeds” and take appropriate action against them.
The outfit also maintained that they take utmost precaution to avoid any collateral damage while carrying out their action and abstain from violence. The NRFM has also appealed to owners of properties damaged in the blasts to pardon them.
The outfit has also assured the people, particularly residents of Khurai Thoidingjam Leikai, to prevent violent activities at its level best in future, it added.
Manipur: Second IED blast hits Imphal within 24 hours
- Researchers pitch for more studies, trials of medicinal plants for diabetes management
- Five rare and very unusual psychiatric syndromes
- What Greek mythology teaches us about women’s resistance and rebellion
- Yuva Sangam great initiative to promote people-to-people connect: PM
- World’s oldest Homo sapiens footprint identified on South Africa’s Cape south coast
- China’s first domestically built plane makes its maiden commercial flight