Bhubaneswar: Indian Grand Prix 3 and 4 will be held in Bhubaneswar on May 21 and 24, respectively, a statement issued by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) has said.
The venue of the events was changed from Madurai in Tamil Nadu to the Odisha capital to provide better facilities to the athletes, it said.
There will be a total of 17 events in both the meets which includes nine for women and eight for men. The meets will be held in the evening on both days, he said.
Events for women participants include sprint in 200 m, 8,000 m, 5,000 m categories, 100 m hurdles, high jump, triple jump, shot put, discus and hammer throw.
Men can participate in 100 m, 400 m, 1,500 m sprints, pole vault, long jump, discus and javelin throw events.
The meets, organised by the Odisha government along with AFI and Odisha Athletics Association, will help athletes achieve qualification standards for world events, it added.
Also Read | Asian Games postponed amid COVID surge
- Constitutional soln. not for just one community: Tripura Leader of Oppn
- Unable to pay debts, Assam man dies by suicide in Rajasthan
- Assam: ED attaches assets of former info and PR dept director, others
- What are auroras, and why do they come in different shapes and colours?
- West Bengal to form cluster for green fireworks soon: Minister
- Assam has more than 5.80 lakh landless families: Minister