Guwahati: Shishu Sarothi, a centre for Rehabilitation and Training for Multiple Disability, celebrated its 36th Foundation Day on Sunday after a gap of two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Facing the COVID-induced challenges, the organisation worked hard to be resilient and offered online and tele-rehabilitation services to ensure minimal disruption of services, secure the rights of children and persons with disabilities, as well as promote their inclusion and active participation in the society.
To mark the occasion, a fete was organised where a large number of children, families and visitors enjoyed playing games and checked out the food and craft stalls.
This was followed by a cultural program in the afternoon with performances by students, mothers and colleagues.
Later in the evening, well known artistes including Bhargav Talukdar, Naaz Sultana, Lueit Hazarika, Abhishruti Bezbaruah, Sumon Kalyan Dutta and Arghadeep Talukdar performed much to the delight of the audience, which included children, parents, colleagues, local community members and invited guests.
A number of renowned influencers namely Krishangi Saikia, Christy and Darshana and radio jockey Gaurab from Radio Mirchi also joined in the celebrations.
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for February 4, 2023
- Mizoram to expedite exploration of oil, gas deposits
- Voting for Tipra Motha is like not giving vote: Himanta in Tripura
- In Meghalaya, a Garo village never got power. Another only got bills
- Rs 1.93 lakh crore military equipment imported between 2017-18 and 2021-22: Govt
- How an obscure US firm profited from sparking Adani’s stock price plunge