New Delhi: The BCCI has delayed the knockout matches of the Ranji Trophy by two days and now the quarterfinals will begin from June 6 and the title clash of the premier domestic event will start from June 22.
According to an internal communication circulated by the BCCI to its state units, the two semifinals will now begin from June 14, instead of June 12.
The final is slated to be held at the Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru.
Bengal, Jharkhand, Mumbai, Uttarakhand, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh have qualified for the knockout stage of the first-class competition.
The league stage of the Ranji Trophy was played before the start of the ongoing IPL.
The BCCI is yet to announce the reason behind change in schedule.
Quarterfinals: June 6-10
First Quarterfinal: Bengal vs Jharkhand
Second Quarterfinal: Mumbai vs Uttarakhand
Third Quarterfinal: Karnataka vs Uttar Pradesh
Fourth Quarterfinal: Punjab vs Madhya Pradesh
Semifinals: June 14-18
Final: June 22-26.
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali