Aizawl: Mizoram on Friday reported 99 new COVID-19 cases, 14 more than the previous day, taking the state’s tally to 2,27,336, a health official said.
The COVID-19 death toll remained at 696 as no new fatality was reported since Thursday, the official said.
The single-day positivity rate increased to 10 per cent from 7.49 per cent the previous day, as the fresh cases were detected from 990 samples tested, he said.
Mizoram currently has 744 active COVID-19 cases, while 2,25,896 people have recovered from the infection so far, including 85 people on Thursday, he said.
The COVID-19 recovery rate now is 99.36 per cent and the death rate is 0.30 per cent.
According to state Immunisation officer Lalmuanawma Jongte, over 8.47 lakh people have been inoculated till Thursday.
- CM Khandu urges swift setup of Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Small hydro projects ignore environmental risks, local voices
- Sikkim: Limboo Tamang Committee threatens statewide protest over seat reservation delay
- Tripura 4th in country to launch E-cabinet: Minister
- Meghalaya: Sohra International Half Marathon to be held on Sept 30
- Arunachal: NEHRO alleges fatal use of force by Assam Forest Battalion