Mathura: A 20-year-old woman was shot dead during her wedding ceremony in Mubarakpur village here allegedly as a fallout of a love affair, police said on Friday.
Three people misbehaved and had an altercation with the bridegroom after the ‘varmala’ ceremony late on Thursday night, and later shot dead Kajal, the bride, at the marriage venue, police said.
SP rural Shrish Chandra said an FIR has been filed against two brothers, Anish and Kapil, and a third man named Sanju of the same village.
Three teams have been formed to nab them, he said.
The body of the woman is being sent for a post mortem examination.
She was getting married to one Veer Pal of Noida, police said.
Also read: New portfolios allocated to six cabinet ministers in Manipur
- Global study highlights importance of moss to Earth’s ecosystems
- Indian-origin man jailed for defrauding property buyers in UK
- With people speaking ‘their truth’, how do we know what the truth is?
- India does not believe in partnering in military alliances: Dy NSA Vikram Misri
- 3 Chinese astronauts return home safely after a six-month stint in space station
- What is Theravada Buddhism? A scholar explains