Jalpaiguri: Two women passengers of Guwahati-bound Rajdhani Express were arrested after 16 gold biscuits worth Rs 1.5 crore were seized from them in New Jalpaiguri station in West Bengal, a Railway Protection Force (RPF) officer said on Thursday.
The gold biscuits, weighing around 2.5 kg, were kept in a carry bag along with the women’s shoes.
Acting on a specific tip-off, a joint team comprising officials of the RPF and Directorate of Revenue Intelligence searched a compartment of the Rajdhani Express on Wednesday and seized the contraband from their possession, the officer said.
- BSF shoots down drone along international border in Amritsar
- India logs 389 new COVID-19 cases, active cases down to 5,395
- Alliance Air resumes Silchar- Imphal flight service after a decade
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath