Aizawl: Mizoram’s COVID-19 count reached 2,26,779 on Sunday as 77 more people tested positive for the coronavirus infection, 35 less than the previous day, a health official said.
The northeastern state reported 112 COVID-19 cases on Saturday.
The death toll remains at 694 as no new fatality was reported since Thursday, he said.
At least 68 people have been discharged from various COVID-19 care centres on Sunday, raising the total recoveries to 2,25,491, he said.
The single-day positivity rate increased to 16.14 per cent from 13 per cent on the previous day as the fresh cases were detected from 477 sample tests, the official said.
The state now has 594 active cases.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients stood at 99.43 per cent and the death rate at 0.30 per cent.
The northeastern state has so far tested more than 19.15 lakh samples for COVID-19.
According to State Immunisation Officer Lalmuanawma Jongte, over 8.44 lakh people have been inoculated till Saturday and out of this 6.78 lakh people have received the second dose and 33,492 people received the precautionary dose , according to the health department.
- Manipur: Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda marries Lin Laishram in Imphal
- Women’s rights in the balance as India weighs criminalising marital rape
- Nagaland: Water supply halted in Kohima after one found dead in reservoir
- Northeast Petroleum Union calls off strike after govt discussion
- Violence or poverty? The stark choice for many women
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 29